Looking to take a new path?
GNP is a business family. We want to work together with people who truly have a passion for working hard for their community, customers, and crew.
All of our current GNP owners started as employees. It’s a match that has worked well. When you work with us, you get an in depth look at how and why we do things the way we do. We are not your average pizzeria! Our top recommendation is to come work for us first! See if you like it, because you have to have a passion for the lifestyle!
Do you have to be well off, already rich and famous?
NO. Many of our owners started in their early to mid twenties. But yes, you have to be able to raise capital and have not only start-up funds, but enough cash flow to manage the early stages of operations without overwhelming your stress level.
Do you need restaurant experience?
YES. It is definitely recommended. Restaurant life is unique. And as often as you try to explain it to someone who has never worked in a restaurant, you just don’t fully understand it until you’re in it. It is off-peak living, being busy during dinnertime and on weekends, when holidays and family events are going on you are at your busiest. It is a lifestyle that is exciting and fun but you have to be prepared for long hours working when everyone else is out enjoying your pizza!
What are the qualifications?
- You need to have the start up capital, provide an application, and go through a standard back ground check
- You need to be ready and willing to make your restaurant, crew and community your passion.
- You need a positive attitude and can-do spirit, leadership skills and a willingness to work hard with your team as you build a strong crew
- You will be required to pass franchise training with up to 2 other key members of your team. Depending on experience this can be 6 weeks to 3 months. We still recommend working in a GNP location as a great first step!
- Territories. We are currently offering locations in Wisconsin only at this time. This may change in the future.
Royalty fees: We have a 4% royalty and 1% marketing fund fee structure.
Franchise fees: Currently $25,000 to $35,000 with incentives to employees who have worked with us for a specific amount of time or owners looking to open a second location.
Do I have to work in my restaurant?
While you don’t technically have to, there are restrictions on how things need to be structured if you don’t. Short version: yes. We highly recommend it. Highly.
How much will I make?
In the beginning, potentially nothing! In fact you may be using cash reserves until things get rolling. Your profits have several variables: how you build a team and manage the restaurant, controlling operating expenses, efforts in marketing new sales and customer retention…
Does GNP help me?
Yes, absolutely! If you are happy and successful, we are too! The contract details the ways in which we help: site selection, training, on-going support, vendor relations, ordering lists, supply lists, and more!
Are all GNPs the same?
No. we try to keep each store unique because YOU are unique. And so is your clientele. We keep the things that matter the same: recipes, quality of food and service. But we don’t do a cookie cutter design look. We want you to take the highlights of your space, your city and yourself and make your GNP your own.
A few things to consider:
- There are pros and cons to owning a store on your own vs. having a partnership. Seriously consider your options. A detailed partnership and buy/sell agreement are required prior to signing franchise documentation if you have a partner.
- This is a great opportunity for restaurant professionals to make a lifelong career. This isn’t your typical franchise big box chain. We want people who know the restaurant life and thrive in it!
- We want to create environments that provide staff a place to thrive and hope you do too. All of our owners started out as cooks, drivers, pizza makers. We want to create an environment that may house our next owner, manager or even franchise staff member.
Still interested ? Contact us here. Serious inquiries only!
This website is not an offer to sell a Glass Nickel Pizza Co. franchise, nor are the communications directed by or for GN Independents, Inc. (or its agents) to the residents of any state that requires registration of a franchise before offering and selling a franchise in that state. No Glass Nickel Pizza Co. franchise will be sold to any resident of any state until that state has registered the offering (or The Glass Nickel Pizza Company has obtained an applicable exemption from registration) and we have delivered the required Franchise Disclosure Statement to the prospective franchisee consistent with applicable law. All information is subject to change. Please refer to glassnickelpizza.com for updated information.